I just added an OPML list widget that displays an entire OPML file as a blogroll type list (in this case, the “MethoBlogroll”). Problem is that many OPML lists don’t have the htmlUrl element, which enables the OPML display to show the Title Text as a link to the home page of the item for which the RSS is given in the XmlUrl attribute. Seems like there ought to be an online tool somewhere that I can feed into and have it generate for me a newly enhanced OPML with the new html Url attribute that it can get by visiting the RSS file and grabbing the link tag value of the channel section. I started just grabbing the value by browsing to each RSS link, but I didn’t even finish the A’s before I said “this is too much”.
As you can see, lower right of this blog’s sidebar, that the OPML display has links for as far as I got, and stops there.
Update: It seems that if one imports one’s feeds from say IE7, into Google Reader, then export them back out, the htmlUrl element is there. Let me try that with the Methoblogroll. I have putmy own Google RSS feed’s OPML export inplaceof my MethoBlogRoll display inthe OPML widget.